2007年7月14日星期六

Grey Day

It is, indeed, a gray day that ends with some bright color.

I've always been wishing that some of my female friends in Guangzhou may drop in at SYSU Zhuhai Campus, so that I can be a guide. Originally I invited Lifang 'cause she's definitely the most suitable choice, and she had been hoping to visit me in Zhuhai. However, she told me later that she'd have something else to do, so that she cannot come, maybe. I felt sorry, but I couldn't do anything, so I invited Jiaojiao, who will also be free after 13th.

Yesterday she sent me an SMS to inform me that she has finished all her finals. I chatted casually with her for sometime before I believed it was the time to talk about the real business. I asked her whether she'd visit me in Zhuhai later, and she said it was possible, though "nothing can be made very sure". However, what worried me most was she wanted to come along with Legolas! She just doen't understand how much would it disturb my carefully designed plan! However, it was apparently impossible to tell her not to bring Legolas, and I determined to ask Legolas to do this favor for me.

Today is the last day of her Oral English Learning in Zhuhai, and I, along with her parents, went to pick Legolas and to have lunch together. During the lunch, I cautiously asked Legolas,

"Has Jiaojiao contacted you yet?"
"Yes, why?" "I mean, has she told you that I invited her to Zhuhai, and has she asked you to come with her?"
"No, it seems."
"Well, can you do me a favor, please?"
"What can I do?"
"Well, you see, I wanna enjoy some vacation with, and ONLY with, Jiaojiao. If she asked you to come, can you find some gentle way to turn her down?"
"OK, no problem."
"Furthermore, please, please don't let her know that I wanna stay with her and her alone."
"Oh, gosh! For what? Why do you wanna do to her?", she screamed.
I wanna say, "Hey, take it easy. There's NOTHING BETWEEN us!" However, I must look like there IS something if I confest, and Legolas has already learned to tolerate my fooling around with several girls simutaneouly. Hence, I just gave a strange smile.

She gave me a so-it-is-ha-ha smile, and she whispered, "Ok, I'll do you the favor. However, you must promise to do something for me in return."

"Sure," I replied instantly, "What is that?"

"I've not come up with an idea. I'll tell you later."

"Ok, tell me when you're in need."

After departed with Legolas, I went back to my dormitory and, by 4 p.m., I sent an SMS to Jiaojiao, "So have you made up your mind?"

Her reply put me to the edge of collapse instantly.

"Sorry but it seems that only Legolas would go. I have some other activities, and have to leave Guangzhou on 20 until the end of July."

With a totally blanked brain, I replied, "If you like, you can come before I finishing all the exams. Anyway, the remaining exams are not hard for me."

"But I really fear that I will disturb you..."

"It's Okay, and I really wish you could come!" almost went insane, I replied.

She did not reply.

Extremely sad and irritated, I went lying in bed, but I cannot sleep.

At that darkest moment, I thought I was indeed the most pathetic men in the world.

I am unable to make a SINGLE successful invitation to my female friends! (I have an impulse to stress this sentence with all capital letters!) Nobody believes that I have really good female friends, and all laugh at me for being unable to get one female friend (say nothing of girlfriend). At such moment I said to myself, "I do have, though most of them are in Guangzhou."

However, Jiaojiao, always considered as a friend indeed, failed to be a friend in need. When I wish to prove that I not only have female friends, but also have one that is content to come for hundreds of kilometers for me. But there was NONE! NONE!

Furthermore, in order to enjoy some time with and only with Jiaojiao, I made Legolas to do that favor. Believing there's "something" between Jiaojiao and me, she will definitely not accept my invitation. As to Happy Everyday, that innocent, loony girl, she has already told me she had her plan after 19. Who can I invite, then?

And I made a promise in return! God knows what can it be! May it be something harsh and torturing, I'll be doomed without being paid!

I jumped up from the bed, and called up my parents. However, they don't understand my pain at all, and it totally broke my heart.

I went back to the bed, weeped for a while, and fell asleep.

However, after I woke up and turned on my computer, I found Lifang on line.

Realizing my pain, she said her activity had been delayed for two days, and she's capable of visiting me, if I was desire to find whoever female to visit me so much.

I suddenly felt a little sorry for her. It's not so easy to come for such a long way before some important activity.

However, she said, "I'm willing to do WHATEVER for my dearest brother Pony."

For this, I'll appreciate her for all my life, I swear.

没有评论: