2007年7月12日星期四

The Fateful Battle

7.12 Morning(10:00-12:00) Electrodynamics


They did stay up all night. I didn't, though I woke up much earlier than usual: 7:30.

After brushing teeth and all, I read some more of my former homeworks. while being ready to answer any and all questions from my roommates.

I left the dormitory at about 8:30 along with Racoon. We had some simple breakfast, lemonade and dumplings. Then we headed for the testhall.

Though I know there's no way for me to fail unless YME deliberately make it so, I was still quite a bit god-damned nervous when I sat down in the 200+ seat testhall. I even began to feel sick after sitting for a while. Many elites had already been there, including Dirac Jr. and PDE Dinosaur. The Head Lady of Our Team was a little bit late, but she seemed not at all nervous, which added to the uneasiness of others.

The questions of this exam are, just as expected, very similar but not identical to those of the homeworks. Therefore, most of them are more or less involving, but not hard. That is, I must spend not a little time on any one of them, but the moment I saw a problem, I know I can solve it given sufficient time and the exact way to solve it. Well, not all. Actually, I failed to achieve glory in Problem No. 2, to prove a somewhat EM wave can be completely described by a somewhat vector potential. I didn't give a complete and satisfactory prove for it.

The greatest problem of all is, actually, the temperature. In such a huge classroom, the effect of the fans can be totally neglected. Once more, the paper and the draft was soaked with my sweat. However, it's not that uncomfortable when you put all your mind on the problems.

Soon the time was up. I estimated my mark would be between 80 and 90, which it acceptable, and handed in the paper. (crap! If you estimated it to be a fail, can you refuse to hand in? )

After this, it's time for Non-linear and, more important, Quantum!

没有评论: