2007年8月30日星期四

A Visit to HKU

A couple of minutes after I finished my last blog and turned off my browser, I received a call from H. B. Zheng, another exchange-in student from SYSU (majoring in physics) and friend of Racoon. I've contacted him quite a lot in July and August to share information, but I thought we lost contact after I arrived at Hongkong and changed my cellphone number. What's more, he had found yet another exchange student from our school, whose major is biology, and is a female (who have a sweet voice)! It really feels nice to find two allies at the same time when I've prepared to cope with all these involving things alone! They asked if they can come to my room, and I immediately agreed.

Zheng was much bigger than I thought, and his mustache kept reminds me of NJ, one of my best friend in high school. While the girl, named J. R. Li, is also a lot bigger, nealy as tall as me and quite as fat. They're very nice person and we had a good talk (mostly gossip) that lasted for 3 hours. Finally Li suggested we go visiting HKU today(as it has been over midnight), to which the two boys agreed.

Hence, everything went as planned. We arrived at HKU next morning and stroll about in it. HKU is not much larger than UST, but the distribution of buildings is a lot more complicated. We visited most of the buildings (not including library, for it's not opened for UST students). Meanwhile, Li was continuously trying to call her friends in HKU, in hope of finding a guide. By the time of lunch, she said she'd finally found one, and the friend will come to join our lunch in no time.

On a first glimpse, the HKU girl is not at all special and can be easily underestimated. She is a little smaller than Li but not a all slender, with a cannot-be-more-ordinary face which wore a mysterious smile. However, when we began to talk, I immediately found, from her breadth of knowledge, viewpoint on some topics, and her way of talking, that she is an elite of my kind, and her ability is not at all worse than me.

Her major is chemistry and biochemistry, but she knew things like wave function and Dirac equations. Her attitude to things like GPA and scholarship had much resemblance with me, and our goals were also quite similar. I, on the other hand, also showed my skill, and won her respect. Hence, the talk is made very serious and exhausting. At last, all the four of us exhausted and lost all the appetite to food. However, it's indeed exhilarating! I'd always been trying to find an elite majoring in chemistry, and now I found one! The relation between two elites with similar skill has only two options: love and respect; or hate and contempt. It seems that the former will be established in this case.

没有评论: