2007年8月29日星期三

Finally Settled in UST

Around 12:30, I said goodbye with my parents on the train, and left the train. They're gonna go to the Luohu Port, Shenzhen, Mainland and go home, while I'm gonna go to HKUST, alone.

I still clearly remeber my first night as a freshman, and the panic I felt when I was facing the total darkness in front of me. I still remember how, for the first time, I yearned the warmth of home, the helping hand of my parent, and even their chattering. I've once thought that all these are simply because of the fact that it was my first time to live faraway from my parents, my first time to handle all those trival details of live that used to be made perfect by my parents, my first time to take full responsibility of my own life. I've once thought that I've grown up and learned all these, and that I've got rid of such naive fear, for good.

However, the moment I left the train and headed for the subway station, I felt the panic once more. Though I thought I'm always familiar with the subway system, though I've taken MTC, the Hongkong subway system, for many times these days, but I can still sense that I'm kind of nervous. I finally realized that it is the shock brought by the brand-new environment, and it is not easy to thoroughly get rid of.

Eventually I arrived at HKUST. The first thing I did was to find a branch of Bank of China so as to create an account and to deposit my money. However, as I was a bit too nervous and impatient, I failed to find it, so I made up my mind to do against my parents' suggestion and go to the dorm immediately.

After arriving at the dorm, it suddenly come to me that I have to take a bath. I found that I've lost the ability of thinking reasonably when I'm sweaty. Furthermore, I need to try the public bathroom in our Hall. The result turned out to be fairly satisfactory, and it made me more relieved and relaxed.

After some preparation, I set out doing other stuffs. I planned to charge my IC card, buy my slipper and cable, and go and have a look at the library before supper. I'm still very confused about the exact procedure of get access of the Internet in my dorm. However, I came across this guy from northeastern mainland who offered to help me with my problem. He did most of the works for me. Though, due to some accidental mistake, I didn't get access to the Internet immediately after he set it, I'm still very grateful. We exchanged cellphone number before saying goodbye. He is marked as the first new friend I made in UST.

After that, I solved both the problem of air-conditioner and of accessing to Internet in succession, and sat comfortably in my dorm until now.

没有评论: