2007年6月9日星期六

Happy Birthday, My dearest Padawan!

"Padawan" is a word derived from Star Wars, maybe created by G. Lucas himself, whose meaning is very close to "apprentice". It's the honor of a Jedi to choose a gifted child as his padawan, to bring up the child, and to train the child to be another powerful Jedi; and it's also the honor of a child to be chosen by a formidable and respectful Jedi Master, to receive the training and become successful. There always exist exceptionally sincere friendships between the masters and the padawans, which will generally be maintained all through their lives.

Today is the 19th birthday of my dearest Padawan, and I think it's necessary for me to write something for her, to record and memorize our friendship.

I came to know her more than one year and a quarter ago. I'd just finished the NMET by then, and spent the majority of leisure time on BBS OF STARWARS, where I was a popular, though not very honorable, figure. One day, I accidentally came across a post by an ID called "cynthiazgx", in which she declared she is "looking for someone to take me as a padawan". I suddenly found some interest in it, and my instinct told me that I would appreciate her personality. So replied and asked if I could be her master. She agreed soon, and that's how I took my first, and probably the last, padawan. My motive was rather simple and silly then: to find someone to help me with the translation work. (She hasn’t been helping me at all in translation, though.)

She told me that she was a student in Middle school attached to Tsinghua University, and would graduate in summer 2006. It surprised me a little that she was studying in a most famous high school lies in the capital of China, and I thought that one from such school would definitely have extraordinary talent and ability. However, she showed considerable respect and friendliness to me. To be honest, I was seldom ever welcomed in among the girls, and it's really a rare and thus valuable case that a girl is content to be friend with me. It was then that I determined to make her my friend and ally.

The summer holiday ended soon, and since the BBS collapsed for months and she was busy preparing her NMET, I lost contact with her for quite a long time. We sent some SMS messages to each other in the first semester, and no more.
It soon came to the second semester of the school-year. I thought she was definitely extremely busy by the time, and I dared not disturb her. It soon came to my own 19th birthday, and I sent an SMS to announce it to her and, in no time, received her reply. From then on, we began to send SMS to each other more frequently.

Most of these are related to her preparation of NMET, and the adjusting of her low state due to some sad things. I believed I am an expert at these tricks, and spared no effort to help her and to give her suggestions. It was these suggestions that gave me the feeling of being a master, and I appreciate the feeling so much. One night when I was in library, I, totally unexpected, received a call from her. It was the first time I heard her sweet, thoughtful voice, though I couldn't talk to her for long because I had to keep silent. One night, she told me that she was very, very nervous. I tried my best to comfort her heart and to relax her nerve, we began to talk about Star Wars, and she did become happier after that, which made me feel gratified. We contacted each other for a couple of times, and even began to talk about each other's personal life. I myself came across something unhappy then, and she was almost the SOLE girl that was trying to help me.

I asked which university she preferred, and she said she would definitely pick a college in Beijing. As you know, I tried to enter PKU but tragically failed. I hadn't felt too regretful, because SYSU is also a nice university. However, I suddenly felt a pain in my heart at the moment. I was so regretful that I failed to enter PKU and thus lost the opportunity to be close to her. I was in a rather bad mood for it in the following week.

It soon came to her NMET. During the three long days, I silently prayed in my heart for numerous times for my dear padawan. I hoped my failure one year before that had used up the bad luck of her, so that she should have an ideal result in NMET. On June 9th, she told me that she might have made some terrible mistake due to careless in English exam and she was going to break down! I know that the students always have illusions of this sort after exams of great importance, and told her repeatedly that it would turn out to be quite OK. The final result soon came, and she was matriculated to the university she loved!

After that, she was busy dealing with her own business, and failed to contact me frequently. She had always been suffering from some diseases, but she didn't have time to cure them until the NMET is over. One day in the afternoon, she told me she had suffered a great from the examination by gastroscope. I felt so upset that I wrote an essay for her that night, to tell that I wish she would be okay soon.

It soon came to the end of the summer vacation, and she began her military training of twenty days. She would be doubtlessly very tired in it, so I still dare not contact her. Fortunately, her military training will be end today, exactly the same day of her 19th birthday. From now on, I HOPE that we can contact each other more frequently.
So, that is the chronicle of our friendship. I don't have many good friends for various reasons, yet she chose to be one. During the 15 months, we helped each other. Her intelligence, wise and personality deeply infected me, and I was so happy that I have been able to offer some help to her. I will value such precious friendship, and will do whatever I can do to help her whenever she needs.

Finally,

I'm so proud to have you as my padawan!

没有评论: