2007年6月18日星期一

My Opinion Towards Internet

Nowadays, it must be acknowledged that Internet has become an indispensable part of my daily life. Each time when I connect my computer to the Internet with ISDN, it exerts a continuous, profound influence on my way of life and thinking. I stay online for approximately fifteen hours each week, for I think the Internet ,exciting and beneficial as it is, cannot occupy too much of my life.

Indeed, I’ve achieved a lot from the Internet.

Firstly, the Internet presents me abundant, valuable, up-to-date information extremely conveniently. From the Internet, I can acquire the latest news from recent political events--both national and international, to the science development and inventions, to the to anecdotes about film stars. I can facilitate my school work by finding the answer to the questions not answered at school, or by gathering information related to the courses I currently taking. From the Internet, I can even things that are practically impossible to learn elsewhere, such like the most peculiar customs and cultures in the world. By the Internet, you can, by principle, learn about whatsoever you would like to learn. And to learn about all these, all I have to do is simply sitting in front of my computer, and a couple of click of my mouse, it is really the ultimate convenience brought by the technology.

Secondly, the Internet also provides a variety of ways of communication, and greatly shortens the distance between my friends and me. Internet is generally reckoned as a most convenient, fast way to contact with others. With the Internet, I can choose to write an email across the Pacific Ocean to one of my relatives, or choose to chat with my friends with QQ, or use some cyber video chat software to talk with my parents as if we were face to face, even if there’s actually hundreds of kilometers between us.

Finally, the Internet can help me to purchase things without even set foot out of my room. Again, by simply clicking the mouse and the keyboard in front of the computer, I can order the product I’m looking for, which will be sent to the place I assigned in days, while the appropriate amount of money would be automatically taken from my bank account.

In a word, Internet has brought me so much convenience. Though many people argue that, as a coin has two sides, the Internet, when use improperly, would be deleterious to us, I still hold that Internet can be use to make my life much simpler, easier, and happier.

没有评论: