2007年6月12日星期二

I've got back the notorious JED!

Today I'm excited from my base state. After one week of waiting, I've finally borrowed Classical Electrodynamics by J. D. Jackson from the library of the south campus!

Jackson Electrodynamics (JED) is one of the most notorious textbook for graduates in the world, at least in this field, because of those hyper-involving, ultra-difficult, supreme-torturing exercises in it. These exercise need caution, patience, and a perfect knowledge of electrodynamics as well as advaced mathematical methods in physics that exceed almost all the normal human-beings. Jackson himself is a famous "math-freak" that is addicted to such complicated and exhausting math works. In the whole 1950s, only one has been known to finished all the exercises correctly and independently as an undergraduate student, and his name was Stephen Hawking. However, after facing the inferno of this book, you can declare yourself as an expert of classical electrodynamics.

I don't fear JED at all, to be honest. However I know that there's little chance that I'll do better than Hawking. Hence, I'll spend all the time in mainland (i.e. before going to HK at the end of August) on this book, in hope of read as much as I could, and finish the problems by the help of Mathematica (to avoid those involving mathematical processes and focus on the IDEA of solving them).

Bless me!

没有评论: