2007年6月1日星期五

Children's Day

Again, it is Children's Day.
That is to say, it's been a year...
However, some memory never become obscure because of the fact that "it's been a year"...


It's June 1st, 2006.

To be honest, I had almost forgotten that it was Children's Day. I hadn't celebrated this day for, like, two or three years, and I thought it was shameful for an "adult" to celebrate it.

By that time, I'd just met another failure in relationship, and was more or less upset and dismay. What's more, it was the golden time of my fellowship with Darth Maverick. He satisfied almost all of my requirement of friendship. Hence, I had not a bit of urge to find other friends, especially female ones.

She was an ordinary girl in our major, who was short, somewhat ugly, quiet, and never conspicuous at all. In fact, I've hardly ever noticed her before. In the party of my 19th birthday, she suddenly appeared. In front of all the others, she handed me a card and a rose, and ran away with a blush on her face. The card reads:

"An angel always sings joyously."
Below it was her name.

I had received cards on my birthday before that, but I've never received a rose. At that very moment, I was deeply moved. However, as there wasn't anything following the event, I gradually forgot about it.

It was about 8 p.m. now. I was reading a tedious textbook in my dormitory. However, my cellphone suddenly rang. It seemed to be from one of the rooms of the girl's dormitory, though I didn't know which. Curiously, I picked up the cellphone. It was her voice.

"Is there anything I can do for you?", I said kindly.

"Well, nothing particular. In fact, it's Children's Day, and I'm just looking for someone to talk to me, and I think I'll enjoy speaking to you."

I was quite a bit shocked, not knowing what to say. Anyway, there hadn't been anyone who called me just to "enjoy speaking to you".
She noticed my silence, and asked cautiously, "Are you busy now? I won't occupy your..."

"No, not at all.", I finally found back my voice, "Actually, I also enjoy speaking to you. There's nothing I have to accomplish tonight, so we can talk on as long as you like to continue."

"Oh, that's so nice!"

Most details of that talk has been forgotten, I only remember that we talked for almost two hours that night, and we both enjoyed it very much.

My roommate must had found out that it was a girl who called me up, for they inquested me again and again that night. Though I had begun to mistrust them in relationship affairs, I eventually surrender and gave them her name. They all look as if devasteted for it, because, as one of them commented, "I know you've suffered, Pony, and it's okay to do something ridiculous. But it's not okay in ANY case to accept someone as ugly as her!" I, on the other hand, didn't know what was my true attitude and feeling to her, so I said causiously, "So what do you want me to do? Hang up the phone the moment I knew who it was? Come on, I won't be impolite just because one's appearance."

The next day, she asked me out to "answer some questions I come across in physics studying". I can't see any reason of turning down the date, and accepted it. We headed for F317, the largest classroom in Zhuhai Campus that can contain over 300 people but, when we were there, there was only the two of us. As you can guess, we didn't talked a lot about studying, and the talk soon became pure gossip. However, we enjoyed our talking again, and I found that she was actually quite talkative, and it was just that "I hadn't came across a boy that was kind enough to talk to me."

However, the final is drawing nearer and nearer after the Children's Day, and everyone set out preparing for it. It was the summer of Southern China, and nobody can ever study without air-conditioner. The library was the only air-conditioned place, hence everyone began to spare no effort in hope of occupying one of the limited seats in the library. I always got up late and hence cannot occupy a seat beside me. When I was worrying about this, it was her that offered to "occupy one more seat beside mine for you". And I, natually, agreed.

没有评论: