2007年9月1日星期六

Pony's Adventures in Hong Kong

Well, as you can see, this is actually published later, because I come up with this idea after I experienced more. However, as the first day of each month is always a "resolution", I'll gonna publish it on this date.

When I was selected to be exchanged to UST, I was so excited, I looked on it as my honor, I thought I would achieve a lot, but I've never imagined that I can have so much.

It's my first time to be in a place that actually isolated me from my family, or make me feel like this. When I was in Zhuhai, though I'm 200 kilometers away from my home, I never feel my family is faraway. When I need to call my mother, I can call without any hesitation. When I wanna go home, I can go back within 1.5 hours at a price of US$ 4. This looks nice but, meanwhile, it made me less independent. If I can look for help or for shelter whenever I like, I'll instinctively depend on it. What's worse, it allows my parents to monitor and control all my hehaviors, and it deprived me the right to make all sorts of crazy decisions. However, a long distance call from HK to my Mainland is at least 1 HK$, and I have to spend at least US$ 10 and 3 hours to go back home. According to the human nature, when I realized I cannot ask for help easily from my family, I'll not try to ask for it. It gives me the feeling of making all sorts of decisions, and do all sort of outrageous things without being interferred by parents. It's great!

It is my first time to be put into a culturally foreign environment. I experienced a little "cultural shock" in Hong Kong, though not so intense as I'd imagined. The difference between Hong Kong and Mainland is so obvious and there's a great amount to get used to. Hence, it's not so easy to adapt myself to this new city. However, besides the necessity and significance of learning to adapt, the procedure itself is just great! It's really exhilarating to explore this university, this city and this culture, and I find such eye-opening really funny.

Hence, I decides to make full use of the four months time and try all sorts of thing I'm not gonna try in Mainland. I'll write all these down and publish them all as a series. As some of my plans are so reckless and foolhardy that they're qualified to be called "adventures", I'll name the series "Pony's Adventure in Hong Kong". The label will be "S_Hongkong, T_Adventure". This label will be given to all the records of my exploring, experiencing and experiments, but not those issues that discuss what I discovered in the explorations.

That's all.

没有评论: