2007年9月6日星期四

The Dinner

This evening, there is a banquet for all the UG Hall IV students. I was originally reluctant to come, but considering the possibility to know some other guys and girls, I finally chose to be there. The fact turned out to be that, I was right.

At the beginning, I sat at a table with my new roommate. Later, I found that everyone around it are local guys, except me. There wasn't any girl to flirt with, nor any white people or Mainland students to talk to me in some language I'm familiar with. Rude as it was, I asked to leave for another table, and my roommate didn't object. Hence, I moved to another table surrounded by Mainland students, half of whom are girls, and asked one of them if I could sit by her side, which is approved without hesitation.

I began to accost the chick immediately after settling down, and found that she was from Sichuan, originally studying in Fudan University. Hence, I managed to begin a talk on Shanghai, and asked her questions about it. However, she knew little about the city either, so I wisely switched the topic to some other nonsense. She's so very cute and funny and we have such a good talk before I realized that continuously talking with her my be impolite in such situation, and my motive of flirting will be too apparent.

By this time, I found the lovely girl I met on the "material" class was also at our table, along with another slender beauty. Hence I asked her to introduce the new girl to me. She told me that this new girl was her current roommate, and she's from Shanghai Jiao Tong University. "Considering your accent and appearance, you cannot be born and brought up in Shanghai.", I said. "Yep, I'm actually from northeastern China, Shenyang to be more exactly." Gosh, it's at least the fourth northeastern Chinese I've met in a week! I hate to flirt with northeastern girls, to be honest, because I'm not at all a suitable boy to hook up with by their standard. Furthermore, she was sitting way too far from me! However, I still managed a small and friendly chat with her.

Before the dinner was over, I managed to get the cellphone number of them both, as all my previous flirtings.

Well, I'm getting kind of tired of flirting Chinese girls, and maybe I shall just flirt some foreign girls should I have the chance next time.

没有评论: