2007年5月2日星期三

The Most Precious Thing You'll Ever Learn

“What’s the most precious thing in your own opinion?”, the teacher asked.
“The Nobel Prize!” “A great amount of cash!” “To be the US President!” they shouted.
But what’s the most precious thing for me? I wondered.
I bet I am the most unpopular guy in this world. In the eyes of my classmates, I, nicknamed “monster”, am ugly, weak, and dump. What's more, my ideas are so different from others. In a word, I had nothing to give others a positive impression, say nothing of attracting anyone. I did’t know what I expected, or rather, what I deserved. Hence, I simply kept quiet.
“Well, this is the topic for the composition of this week. Hand it in next Monday.”, the teacher said at the end of class.

So I went back home. Lying on the bed, I looked at the TV screen, absent minded, until I heard some noise outside. So I raised my head, and looked out of the window.
“UFO!”
I thought I should have bought a pair of better glasses, but it seemed that it had nothing to do with glasses. It floated high above the yard, and a door opened. An alien walked out of it, then the door shut and the UFO took off.
The alien stood in the middle of lawn, seemed confused.
Had it been another guy who saw it, he must had screamed and became crazy or something. But as I told you, I am a “monster”. So I opened the door and slowly approached the alien.
It had a face so similar to that of a human-being, more precisely, the face of a pretty human teenage girl. Her—if it’s really female—skin was blue. There were a couple of tentacles on top of her head. She was slender, and about an inch shorter than me. She turn to me, quite surprised.
My brain suddenly got blank, didn’t know what to say.
“So…You’re a so-call human?”It's a sweet voice.
“…Yes. You speaks English?”
“Before I come here, the necessary knowledge of human language, I loaded.”
“So…why do you come here?”
“Our spaceship’s down, and I have to leave to make it safe. Take me they will, when the ship’s repaired.”, and she gave me a feeble smile.
“And…where did you come from?”
“My home is so warm, it never snows there. Everything on your planet is so unfamiliar to me. It’s my first voyage in space. I miss my home!”

The instant I saw teardrops in her eyes, I, universally known as "cold, cruel and mean to girls that dare talk to him if there's ever one", suddenly had some crush in my heart.
“Well, it’s my house. Come on in, it warmer inside.”
She hesitated, but eventually came in. I noticed she only wore a thin dress, so I took some of my sister’s coats.
“You wear too little, wear all these if you don’t mind.”
She wore it on and said, “Thank you.”
“Any food?”
“No thanks. Now, I’ll find a place to pass the night.”
“Hey, it’s too late now. My sister won’t be back tonight, so why not sleep in her bedroom?”
“Ok, then.”, she followed me into my sister’s bedroom. Before closing the door, she smile and said, “I heard that human were hostile creatures, and had never expected all these. So nice of you, it is.”, she gave me a big, sweet smile.
There had NEVER been ANYBODY who said I’m nice…

I talked to her every night during the following days, and realized a lot about her. She was a “Twi’lek”, and came from a high-tech world. She said she was always unpopular in her school because she pursued “Twi’lekity” while everyone else pursues “science”. She was taunted as "too young, too simple, too naive" and no one had mood to hear her "bullshit".
I had never expected to find an alien friend who shares so much experiences with me.

Neither did she, I can see.
Sometimes, I hoped she would stay forever.

However, one of my neighbors also noticed the UFO, and she reported it to the FBI. The FBI, as usual, desired to catch it, slice her body for so-called “scientific research”.
“I swear I shall NEVER allow it from happening.” I promised to her.
“Well, never mind. It’s also the custom of my people to learn more about alien creatures in this way. And, there’s no way to avoid it, it seems.”
“For the ‘scientific research’, huh? These fools cares nothing but ‘knowledge’ and ‘discovering the unknown world’, in the expense of nature and humanity? I must find a way to stop it.”
“I have never heard anyone who said like this.”, she said quietly, “You’re probably the SOLE guy I've ever met in my life to understand me, and the SOLE guy to care about me.”
The FBI scums came that night. I got two bikes. We rode crazily along the road, but they blocked the road. So we abandoned the bike and ran onto a hill. They surrounded the hill, it seems so despair. However, the UFO landed in front of us.
“I have to leave. Thank you so much for all these!”, she said.
“Wait!”, and she turned to me.
“Will you be back to earth one day?”
“I’m sorry that I will never have such a chance, maybe.”
“So how can I contact you?”
“On cloudless night, speak quietly to my planet, and I can feel it.”
“Wait!”
“What?”
“I love you!”
“I know.”
The UFO took off.

It was midnight when I came home. And I remembered it was Sunday, and I’ve a paper to work on. So I took out my pen and wrote:
“The most precious thing you’ll ever learn, is to love and be loved in return!”

3 条评论:

^&Kfgg# 说...

the little princess eh?

but still you need to complete more about what the two roles are talking.. thus the article will seem to be further enriched.

also the article don't illustrate too much significance personally speaking.. and there's no concrete theme. it's about humanity, love or scientific-imagination or anything like those neh~?

so~ that's it.

punkt.

Physics Pony 说...

Firstly, as you have seen my portrait, I don't think it's wise to mistaken me as the one you refered to as "the little princess".

Secondly, as this article is labeled as Pre-sophomore, it's apparently not written by me recently, and it's not a practise of any kind. I don't expect everyone around me to look on me as the best English writer of my age, but I don't think I need any suggestion on how to improve my skill of writing. Thank you all the same.

Thirdly, I think you're one of those who aim at GRE or GMAT. I shall seriously point out that a key to a good mark for any argue or issue is reference to Star Wars. I didn't write it for any "significance". In fact, I would rather say it's an autobiography. My aim, if there is one, is to train myself in making as much reference as possible to Star Wars and other popular American movies. If you're not familiar enough to Star Wars series, I'm sorry to point out that you'll definitely fail to achieve high mark in GRE or GMAT effectively. Trust me.

Finally, I have invited one of my friends to take away my virginity i.e. make the first comment on my new blog. He failed to come here in time, and I'm so sorry to find out that it's you that took away my virginity.

However, thank you for your criticism. Anyway, it's been 2 years since anyone dare doubt my ultimate talent in English.

^&Kfgg# 说...

well~ the little princess is not referring you but your article, the style of which resembles "the little prince"...

as for star wars or so, it's not quite sure of me whether it's as familiar of me to those as you do, but one is certain that the u.s. movies are among my preferences..

and your "virginity"? well~ if it really does mean a lot to you, you could delete the comment ah~

btw: what have been said by me mean nothing about criticism.. why do you regard those that offensive neh? it seems that you're quite confident about yourself eh?~

after all, american styles do have their advantages.. but dsh and testdaf instead of gre or so are more appropriate to me..

punkt.