2007年5月23日星期三

Add a new catalog: Star Wars

I thought the articles I may write about Star Wars can be sorted into other catalogs, but I find it indeed hard.
For more than eight years as a user of Internet, I have registered in dozens of different forums. However, I have ever use two IDs: lightsaber and sword. The first ID is doubtlessly derived from Star Wars, and the second is apparently derived from the first one. I think this is enough to show my enthusiasm.
There's hardly any movie that can make the whole world crazy for thirty years, and there's hardly any movie that can make me crazy for ten years. But Star Wars does them both.

I don't look on myself as a fatalist, yet I always say that it's my destiny, my fate, to be a Star Wars fans. It was a peaceful night ten years ago, I was watching TV with my mom. Neither of us knew the name of the movie on TV then. I just saw a young man suspended up-side-down in an ice burrow, and an approaching monster seemed to ready to eat him up. There was an iron bar in the snow below, he struggled to pick it, but he cannot reach it.
"What's that in the snow?", my mother asked.
At the very moment, I had a strange feeling that someone--maybe the god himself--spoke through my mouth, and I uttered a sentence I will never believe.
"That's his lightsaber."
The young man concentrated for a while. Suddenly, the iron bar shot into his hand like magic, and a blue glare light, just like laser except that it had finite length, jumped into his hand. He chopped off the head of the bear with a single slash.
"How do you know it's a light-something?"
"I don't know, just instinct.", I murmured.
As I grew older, I began to know more about it. I came to realize that the movie I saw that night was called Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, and the young man was name Luke Skywalker, etc. I bought the novel of the so-called "Original Trilogy", and enjoyed it for years. Furthermore, I watched Episode VI through VCD, but not Episode IV, which I thought was the most exciting with dogfight of starfighters.

Episode I: The Phantom Menace was shown during the holiday I graduated from primary school. I watched it twice, and did enjoyed the lightsaber-duel. By the way, I have a special interest in lightsaber-duel, maybe I'm destined to like it!
When I was in Junior 2, I came across a forum of Star Wars, totally by chance. There were nice posts there, but I never imagined the role that forum played in my high school life.

Episode II: The Attack of the Clones was shown during the holiday I graduated from junior high school. It's even more brilliant, for it's the first time I ever saw so many Jedis (and it means so many lightsabers!).
It is during that very summer vacation that I along with many others noticed the forum I mentioned above. It's a time of flourish, that never happened again in that forum according to my memory. And I, as a junior Star Wars fans, began to take that forum, later called "BBS OF STARWARS", as a prime forum I visited during the following year. It brought me a lot of laughters as well as tears during that year, and I can never describe all the details of it in several thousand words. However, I left the forum for almost two years after that because I do not want to surrender to the decipline there.

Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith was shown during the holiday I graduated from senior high school. I have only watched it once, but it gave me a great impression. It's then that I returned to the forum I mentioned above, for a short time, due to the collapse of the damned server(that's the drawback of free forum!).

Well, I think I had better stop here, and my conclusion is:

I shall create the new catalog of "Star Wars" today!

没有评论: